Siam Royal View’s Koh Chang golf course may only be a nine hole pitch and putt, but it is a wonderful environment to enjoy a round of golf.
The course is short, playing 554 yards (507m) on the Chang Noi nine and 571 yards (523m) on the Half Moon nine. The holes (named after the two nearby beaches) are played over the same ground, but are played in different directions so that players can, if desired, play 18 holes in the same day. The direction reverses daily at lunchtime.
The course is well suited, if a little tricky, for beginners and is an ideal introduction to the game of golf. However, more experienced players will also enjoy a round which gives an excellent opportunity to practice the skills of their short game.
The ever present water hazards mean all players will have to temper an aggressive game with prudence if they want to stay out of the lagoon.
Rules of Play
The course plays to the rules as laid out by the International Pitch and Putt Federation and of which the below comprise the most important rules:
- Players may only take 3 clubs each onto the course one of which must be a putter
- Clubs may not be shared amongst players
- For adults, no clubs longer than a 9 iron is allowed (most players use a pitching wedge, a sand wedge and a putter.
- It is compulsory to tee off from the teeing mat
- Only wood or bio degradable plastic tees are permitted
- Player separation: if other players are within striking distance, players on a tee off must yield to players on the course or on a green
Interim Course Layout
All 18 Holes: Par 54, length 523m
- Chang Noi Nine:
- holes 1 - 9
- Par 27, length 507m
- Half Moon Nine:
- holes 10 - 18
- Par 27, length 523m
(Information curtsey of the Siam Royal View.)